Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Young bitch said what?!?



I hang out with people of all ages which is cool until the children annoy me.

Every now and then I talk about being tragically single. Not often or all the time, whatever. I was talking to some of my young friends about this. Here’s a snippet of the convo:

Grace says: I have disabled my online account because I tend to get a lot of guys who just want hook-ups. I already have a couple people in my Rolodex for that. My online profile is for real relationships. I want to date someone for reals.  When I get my money up I’ll get on the Match.com maybe…

Young One #1: Well some guys want to hook up with you first and then see where things go from there.

Young One numero dos: Yeah that’s true. Then they might think about a relationship.

Grace was like: Yeah but I’m not about that life.

One of the Young Ones: But that’s how some guys figure out what they want.

Grace, in an attempt not to roll her eyes: Oh okay…

*Please note the sarcasm*

So um I just don’t feel like I need to spread my legs far and wide across the little ass town in hopes of maybe finding love possibly. I’m just saying I don’t agree. No. Nope.

I think I’ll stick to my guns on this one but for the sake of encouraging discussion: Is this the new culture out there with the young people? Or are basic bitches just being basic? Is this life? According to Cosmo? Cosmo teen?

I feel as though this is one of the unfortunate ways that people encourage confusion among themselves. You meet someone online or in person and you decide to hook up which doesn’t take much effort if any. Then, after the hook up you hope that the other person liked what you did because they made weird monkey noises when they came. So you wait for the call, text, snap chat, Facebook message. This example represents the best possible outcome as far as I, the all-knowing, Grace see it. When you never hear back from the person or you only hear from that person after 10 (Realize: that’s when nothing is open but legs and Wal-greens), you get confused. You’re afraid to ask about being serious for fear of losing the person all together because in the situation I just described there is not now nor will there ever be any type of progression. Movement. Forward Motion.

Disclaimer: That’s my biased opinion on where this situation will go. If you hooked up with someone and it turned into a long term relationship, I think you are an exception. I would not suggest living by this as a rule. And maybe I have watched He's Just Not that Into You a few too many times. I read the book too. #jaded

I’m not about that life. I’ll wait for something better to come along live and in living color.

No comments:

Post a Comment